Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Clean Slate

Dear Void,

This is not the first journal I've kept, or even the first blog. This is a fresh start because I desperately need to dust the cobwebs off my writing, have a little fun, and have room to be silly. I make no promises for the quality of the entries that will follow or that they will contain or avoid any of those key life details--I just need to write.

I think it's funny that I'm opting to do this publicly rather than in the comfort of my own paper and pen. Perhaps it's because I prefer to write into a familiar void, an empty space that in my mind contains the friendly faces of loved ones and amiable strangers--or perhaps I just hate the feeling when my hand cramps from too much writing.

Either way, Dear Void, thank you for reading whatever may follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment