Friday, October 16, 2009

A Night In

I have been very busy lately. Of course, how else would you expect me to start my first post since August? The biggest tug on my free time has been the community theater production of Candide I've been in. I started to say "I've sold my soul to community theater" because it took up so many nights of my week that even Andrew started to forget what I looked like (ok, slight exaggeration, but he certainly began to forget what it was like to have someone buy groceries and make dinner).

I've been singing in the ensemble of the group and covering the roles of Cunegonde and Paquette, which means I now have one heck of a "Glitter and be Gay" that may not see the light of day any time soon (feel free to request it at parties...with a pianist present...after I've warmed up and before I've had more than 2 drinks). For the most part, this experience has been a lot of fun, but after months of rehearsals, and now that we're heading into our second of three weekends of performances, I'm eager for the end and the return of quiet nights in.

Last night was just such a night. I took the opportunity to work a little late (payback after getting out early so many nights for the show) and came home to a pretty ideal night. Andrew cooked dinner, we took care of some household stuff, and then snuggled in bed to watch Miss Potter with a cinnamon candle burning (my favorite) and a kitten curled up at our feet. The movie was better than I expected (I hadn't expected much, to be honest), Andrew fell asleep before the end, and I was in absolute heaven. I'm looking forward to more nights like this to get me through the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment